Chris Clayton has been practising martial arts for over two decades and is a fourth Dan in Goju-Ryu Karate. He is a qualified Personal Security Defence Trainer and karate instructor, and currently runs North Avenue Karate Club and Chelmsford Self Defence in Chelmsford. Chris's passion is teaching martial arts and self Defence, and he enjoys nothing more than seeing his students progress and achieve their goals.
I began my training at Trent Road Karate Club at the age of 6 and never looked back. My karate training has taken me all over the UK, Europe and South Africa. I took my Shodan (1st Dan) in Goju-Ryu Karate in 2007 I continued to train and in 2020 passed my Yondan Grading (4th Dan)
In the last 5 years Chris has spent time exploring reality based self-defence concepts and conflict resolution and has gained a number of qualifications and now runs regular self defence courses and classes from the North Avenue Dojo.
Expierience and Qualifications:
- 25 Years Karate Training
- 4th Dan in Goju-Ryu
- BMABA Level 1 Instructors Qualification
- BMABA Level 2 Instructors Qualification
- BMABA Safeguarding In Martial Arts
- QNUK Level 2 Self Defence qualification
- BMABA Level 3 Personal Security Defence Trainer
- BMABA E.D.G.E.D. Awareness & Knife Defence Tutor